Friday, August 3, 2007
Days 51/52
Thursday, Aug. 2, 2006, and Friday, Aug. 3, 2006, Days 51/52: Great past 2 days!! Yeah!! I love those kinds of weeks. Thursday, work was good. I went for lunch with John, Andrea, and Rosalind to an Indian restaurant called Bombay Palace. It was so good! I was dying for some curry! Then, after work, Andrea took me to St. Sulpice, this really nice bar/resto. From the outside it doesn't look like much (like most things here), but if you walk inside and to the back, there is a huge, and I mean HUGE courtyard with a fountain and tons of tables where people are eating and drinking and conversing. It was amazing! Andrea and I grabbed an open spot and we ordered a pitcher of sangria, which is basically red wine with fruit juices. I didn't think I would like it because of the red wine, but it was actually really good! I drank like 2 1/2 cups, and was definitely feeling the buzz. Andrea was too, because we are both lightweights! We ordered garlic fries and ate them, and they were AMAZING! Then we walked a little bit and sat for a little bit because we were dizzy and the hill we were climbing up was a little wiggly for some reason. Haha. Then we stopped and got some water bottles and continued on. We went back to my apartment, and discovered that the mouse had torn into my bread, eaten like 4 pieces, and left a huge mess of crumbs for me to clean up. I was mad now!! Andrea helped me clean up the food mess, and I threw a lot of stuff away, except for like the canned goods. I was like, that's it, it's either him or me. I am going to buy traps after work. My mom wrote me an email telling me to kill it because it's fleas might carry the plague, or that it will bite me and I will get rabies and then I will wish I would have killed it. The plague and rabies are both incurable, by the way, so she makes a good point, haha. Plus, I feel like the house is never really completely clean with a mouse running around and pooping all over. I definitely can't poison the mouse because I might accidentally poison the landlord's dog, and that would be really tragic. I definitely don't want to do that! Then, we watched a bit of Canada's Next Top Model, and looked some things up online. Andrea fixed my computer screen, which had a huge font, so now it looks like normal!! I was so excited. And, when I turned on my laptop, the screen actually worked for like 3 seconds! And then it died again. Sad! Then I showed Andrea all my pictures from home, and we chatted for a bit longer before she headed home. I was so glad to have shown her my apartment finally! She had seen it only from the outside. Now, her, Rosalind, and David have seen the inside, before they come over on Saturday. Yay! I am so excited for our dinner! Rich is coming up Saturday morning around 10am. I haven't actually planned anything as of yet, other than the food stuff, so I am thinking of where I might like to take them in Montreal. I think I will take them to Old Montreal, and possibly to St. Joseph's Oratory. I want to have flexible plans, in case Rich isn't feeling too well, and I also do not want them to have to do too much walking. But I guess it depends upon whether they bring a car up or not also. So we'll see what happens. Parking, getting gas, all that vehicular stuff I have no idea about in Canada, so I am hoping Rich and Pat will be dropped off. Anyways, Friday night I just cleaned and got some last minute shopping items. I actually bought mouse traps! 4 of them. But I only ended up putting out 1. I dropped one and broke it, so that was one. Then, the other 2 snapped while I was loading them with bait (peanut butter). It scared the crap out of me! And then I couldn't reload them, so I was kinda mad about that. So I had one last trap left. And guess what? The mouse set it off but didn't get caught! Maybe he is scared away for good now though. My mom has a mouse in our house too! She wrote me an email to tell me all about it. We're twins! But, in a bad way!! haha. Anyways, I better get some sleep. I am so excited for Rich and Pat to come! They said they would be up here between 11am and noon, but knowing Rich, I have my money on 1:00pm. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment