Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Days 49/50

Tuesday, July 31, 2007, and Wednesday, August 1, 2007, Days 49 & 50: Hello! Not too much has happened these past 2 days. Tuesday, I worked, and then I came home and cleaned a lot. I worked on the kitchen, which wasn't too messy, but it's like my roommates never cleaned out the toaster or microwave or anything. To be honest I don't know if they know how to clean, haha. It was gross..I found a coffee cup that probably had like year old coffee still in it and it was on the shelf. Then, I was cleaning the shelves around where I keep my food and I found something very interesting. Either it was a bit of spice that got spilled, or a bit of mouse poop. I am hoping it's spices! I cleaned it up, begrudgingly. I was expecting my little friend to pop out and scare the living daily out of me, but alas, it was quiet around the apartment. There was a moth flying around, and I chased it around the house with a broom trying to get it to come down near me so I could capture it and set it free outside. It took me about ten minutes to accomplish this task, but I did it! Yay! I mopped the kitchen floor, scrubbed down the appliances, and washed nearly every dish in the entire house, except the glasses, which I have yet to do. I also need to sort through the food in the fridge and do some grocery shopping tonight. Yesterday I went to PharmaPrix and got my last bus pass for the month of August. Sad! I can't believe it's all almost over! Today I was continuing to clean out the cupboards, and I found 6 UNWASHED cupcake pans. Disgusting! Seriously, who puts dirty dishes away in the cupboard for later use? I would like to write them a nice note and be like, "So is it weird not having a maid around to clean up after you?" I am very close to being finished cleaning. But then, I am going to be bored because I won't have anything to do but be a bum and watch TV after work! I mopped the floor in my room and the living room, vacuumed the couches and febrezed them, cleaned the glass table, and made cupcakes! So here's my secret surprise...I made 24 cupcakes, and on each cupcake I am going to write a letter to spell out a message. Rich never reads my blogs, so I know he won't find out, hehe. I am going to spell out (which worked out PERFECTLY) Welcome Richard and Patrick! I don't know if I mentioned it, but Rich's roommate Pat is coming along too. It will be fun. I am taking them to some pretty fun places. Yesterday I was on my way to go grocery shopping and I stopped at this burger place that my roommate said has amazing burgers. They sure did! I had one that was like sour cream and feta cheese, which was so good! All their burgers are really tiny, and come with salad and fries. It was one of the best meals I have had here so far! I will take Rich and Pat there for lunch probably on Sunday. Saturday, I will be taking them around the city, and then we will eat at Schwartz's for lunch. For dinner, David, Andrea, (Dave, Andrea's beau), John, Cara, Rosalind, Rich, Pat, and I are going to L'Academie--the French/Italian resto I recently ate the frog legs at. Yum! It will be great. Then, Sunday I am taking Rich and Pat to my church, and I think we will eat at Tim Horton's for breakfast. That's about it for me for now!!!

No comments: