Monday, July 2, 2007
Day 20
Monday, July 2, 2007, Day 20: Hey dudes! I'm baaaack! Ok, the reason this is day 20 is because I wasn't in Montreal for the past 3 days. I went to go see Rich for his birthday, and it was such a blast! I left my doorstep at 6:15am on Friday by taxi to the bus station, and my bus left Montreal at 8:00am. I got to Burlington, VT at 10:30am, and then Picklez (Rich's good friend from college who lives in Burlington) picked me up at noon. We left town at 12:30pm. I drove about an hour of the way. See, Rich didn't know Picklez was coming--that was the surprise! We got to Rhode Island at about 5:30pm, and for dinner we went to this great buffet at a casino called Twin Rivers. All you can eat crab legs! Mr. Pezzillo ate 47 to be exact!! And Rich and I ate a lot too, and mussels. God, I love the east coast! Seafood has become a staple for me when I visit there! I love clam clakes and chowdah...they are definitely my faves. Everyone ate soooo well! Then we played slot machines for a while. It was more fun watching the people who are ridiculously addicted to gambling. Nobody won or lost big, which was good. Then, we went to an Irish pub in the casino, and Rich and friends had a Jaeger-bomb...ewww. It was funny though. I have it on film (for blackmail purposes of course..haha, just kidding....maybe.) So then we all ended up staying up until 6am the next morning because Rich's brothers and their karate friends went on a cruise this week, and Rich and his dad drove everyone to the airport at 4am. It was such madness! We had like 15 people, no lie, sleeping over at the Pezzillos. Nobody got sleep, haha. But after everyone left, we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and got...well, donuts. Then we went to sleep for like 4 hours. Saturday we had Rich's cake and his family and some friends that I haven't seen in a while came over. It was fun times! Oh, but something very embarrassing happened. So, Rich and I wanted to show a few of his cousins and friends our funny drunk video from the cruise. In a nutshell, Rich and I got all dressed up to dine at this nice Italian restaurant on the cruise ship, and ended up buying a bottle of red wine. Classy, right? Well, then I thought it would somehow be a good idea to order ANOTHER bottle, even after we had finished the first entire bottle before the entree even came! Before we knew it there was red wine spilled all over the table, and I honestly don't know how I got back to our room...I don't remember a thing! I definitely was puking quite a bit of red wine that night. I am no longer a fan of red wine. But Rich, being the amazing boyfriend he is, held my hair back, got me my toothbrush and toothpaste...and of course, took pictures of me brushing my teeth over the toilet. Nice. But it was funny that Rich busted out the video camera and taped us being drunk. It wouldn't have been bad, except for the fact I was in a skirt and dressy tank, and Rich was trying to undress me with his crutch, haha. It was a bit scandalous, but his mom saw the whole thing. We were both mortified. I wanted to show the movie in the basement, but nooooooo we had to watch it in the cabana, where everyone could come in and see it! Hahaha, I love you, Rich, thanks for being super embarrassed with me. Anyways, Rich LOVED the memory jar, so thanks to everyone who participated and contributed! For those who didn't, I am still going to bug you, because it is never too late, haha. Sunday, Rich and I went to church, and then Picklez and I drove back to Vermont. We left at 2:30pm and got back at 6:30pm, and Picklez wasn't even speeding! Then I met Picklez girlfriend, Kristen, and she is a doll! We went out to eat and I met another of Rich's friends from college, so that was cool. I slept over at Picklez's house and then he dropped me off at the bus station this morning at 10am. I took the bus back to Montreal, but customs was ridiculous! It took us like an hour to get through and I was so nervous because I got the 3rd degree! I had to answer like 50 questions pertaining to my stay in Canada, and I was so afraid they weren't gonna let me back on the bus! It was crazy! Just a few questions were: why am I in Canada, what is my friend's name, what street do they live on, am I dating my friend, where did I go this weekend, did I book my flight home, where am I from, will I be working, etc....it was insane! Leaving Canada was no problem, but getting back in was a bizzle! haha! Then....I finally got Skype to work on my computer, and I got Rich a headset for his b-day, and now we can talk for FREE on the computer long distance!! It is so clear, and I am so happy!!! No expensive phone bills or anything! And then Rich and I were goofing around on MSN messenger playing tic-tac-toe, rock, paper, scissors, and monster fighting. It was great. We are gonna play Uno later too. Then, after I got home, I met my new "temporary" roommate, who is staying until Wednesday. His name is James and he seems nice. Then I went to buy my monthly bus pass, and stamps at PharmaPrix. I also bought dinner....noodles and eggrolls. Yummy! Only because my favorite place--the pita place--was closed. Sad! Oh well. It's good to try new things. That's all for now, dudes. I'll write more tomorrow! Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, you're back!
Post a Comment