Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 28

Tuesday, June 10, 2007, Day 28: Today was freakin' awesome! I don't know why it was, but it was. I almost had a heart attack though...so Rosalind wanted me to take a file off of a disk, and put it onto a drive that all the computers in the office share---called the S: Drive. So, first of all the disk wouldn't work in my computer (because it is old and slow). Then, I took it to another computer and it still wouldn't work. But then I discovered there was another DVD Drive, so I tried to put it in there, and it worked! Yay! 20 mins later, I still cannot figure out how to save the damn file on the S:Drive. Well for one thing, there was no S: Drive. So I go to Andrea and explain my problem, and she tells me to save it on the O: Drive. So I try that--only there is no 'Save' option. Now I am getting a bit annoyed because this was supposed to be an easy, quick task. So Andrea comes and helps me to copy the file to the O: Drive. I then have to go back to my computer, take the file off of the O: Drive, and save it onto the S: Drive. So I go to log back into my computer, and guess what? There is no S: Drive!!!! I start flipping out and I go running, very panicked, over to Andrea and say, "Andreaaaaa I don't have an S: Drive!" She comes and tells me to restart my computer. I am so nervous, because every important file ever is on the S: Drive, and I may have somehow destroyed everything the WFH is based on....ahhhh! But then, the S: Drive is there. Whew! Turns out I didn't wait long enough for my computer to load. That was definitely scary! I think I need a mental health day!!! I went shopping during my lunch hour to find something for my sister's b-day, and they didn't have the stuff I was looking for at HMV--the CD/DVD store. Damn. So I decided to go across the street to American Eagle (they have those here! It is so weird...) and buy a belt. Only, I didn't find my size, so I got some cute silver flip-flops for $10 instead. Then I headed back to work. After work, I took the bus home. I was kinda hungry, and decided that for some reason I really wanted Indian food. I have only had it once, and so don't ask me how I was craving it. I walked up St. Laurent a while, until I found a little place. I had Lamb curry and rice, and it was AMAZING! I loved it. Then I really wanted to get a drink...my favorite is a virgin Miami Vice--it is basically pina colada and strawberry daquiri...and no alcohol involved! I stopped at 2 bars, and neither had the right stuff. I went home bummed. I hope I can find a place that has them eventually! I ate a huge piece of cake that I stay have left over, and just chilled. That was my day! Oh yeah, I keep thinking about this and forgetting to write it on my blog...if you had a soundtrack to your life, what would be on it? I am still thinking of mine...but I do know that for sure it would have "Bohemian Rhapsody," by Queen, and also "The Grand Illusion," by Styx. I like so much music, it's hard to choose!

No comments: