Thursday, July 26, 2007
Days 42-44
Tuesday, July 24, 2007-Thursday July 26, 2007, Days 42-44: Shiggins! Ok, this time I have a valid excuse as to why I haven't blogged. My laptop crashed!!! Well, the screen is completely blacked. I was sooo mad about it at first because it is my one real connection to the outside world from home. Then I was like, "This is a sign. First my iTunes crashes, now this. God doesn't want me to talk to anyone from home." Well I still have a payphone if I need to make a call, but otherwise, after Robin leaves, I hope there are no emergencies!!! After calling a bunch of laptop repair places from work, I finally got in touch with someone. They are coming to my apartment to fix the problem tonight after work. It is so expensive! Ok, $50 just for the onsite visit. Then after that, $85/hr! And that's NOT including if there is a need for a replacement part (if it's a video card, that is soooo expensive to replace..might as well just invest in a new laptop) Holy crap!! I have had problems with my laptop in the past. It's about 4 years old, and it's an HP Pavilion notebook. I have sent it back to the manufacturer like 4 times, my freshman year of college alone. They kept telling me it was a software problem when it wasn't. I spent HOURS on the phone with HP techs, and it turns out the modem was defective. Go figure!! I don't trust HP anymore..I don't think I will ever get another HP computer! I really like Robin's little Mac notebook. It's so small and lightweight. I may decide to go for one like that. I will price them online. Anyways, I hope they can fix the problem fast!! If not, I will probably buy a monitor just to use until the end of Aug., and then take it back to the store. I am so excited though!! When I come back from AZ in a couple of weeks, Mike will be on my flights! I can't wait, it's gonna be so much fun!! Robin took the MCAT on Tuesday, and will be leaving tomorrow around noon. I am sad!! I will be all alone. It's gonna be so weird. Not that I see a lot of Robin during the day anyways, but it's always nice to have company!! Yesterday I met our landlord, officially. Her name is Gisu (spelling?) She is really nice. She is having a court battle with the tenants, who live in Vancouver presently. I am a subleaser, so she doesn't have any beef with me or Robin, which is good. For a while I was really scared she would kick us both out! I would be homeless in Montreal :(. But she said she likes us, and it's unfortunate we are caught in the middle. I agree. Then, get this---my iPod froze this morning!!! It was completely stuck! I brought it with me to work hoping it would un-freeze. It did, eventually. But now I can't turn it off...like ever! Darn it! I hope it fixes itself. I can't make it the rest of the summer without music! I may have to borrow the boombox in our kitchen at home. Sheesh! Other than that, life's good. One day at a time...breathe deeply, and just live...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! A whole new look!
Post a Comment