Monday, July 23, 2007

Day 41

Monday, July 23, 2007: Wowsers! I have been here 41 days! That's like an exodus in the desert. Haha. I don't know if exodus is the right word, but oh well. This morning I woke up so early, I just couldn't sleep! I got up at 5:30am, cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, took a shower, and then laid in bed for about an hour. The sun was up, and so was I! I am so tired right now. Tomorrow I will be touring the Canadian Hemophilia Society. I am really excited to learn all about them, and their youth group as well. It's like a free day for me-yay! Today I am researching articles--fun, fun stuff! I got to make a few calls though. Something really funny happened though. Well, actually it's kinda bad, but I laugh about most everything. So, we have this website for this event called Global Feast, and their slogan is, "Eat, Drink, and Be Caring." Well somehow, on the Spanish translation page, someone had put, "Eat, Drink, and Not Be Caring," on accident. Rosalind received a very panicked email telling her to take it off the website, but they didn't identify where it was on the website. I couldn't stop laughing. I came back to my desk and told John through this secret peephole we have between our desks (haha, I have to take a picture of it in order for you to understand) and I was laughing so much I couldn't even get it out. By the way, John and I pass notes all the time through the secret peephole. It's great. And then I got in trouble for laughing--someone in the office sent out an email about the noise level. Oops! So much for having fun at work. I think that person hates their job. Anyways, Rosalind came in for a little while to give me some work to do, and then I went to lunch with John at Dundee's--the pub/restaurant where his girlfriend Cara works. I had a burger and fries, and it was so good! I also had a beer (shhhh!) I don't even like beer, but when in Rome (or Montreal, whatever!) Then I went with John to pick out a red wine for dinner..not for me, I swear! I am having David come over for dinner and I am making spaghetti, and I know nothing about wine so I opted to not buy a bottle. But then, I was teling Rosalind about him coming over and she was like, "What are you going to give him, milk?" And I was like, "Well, yeah, that's all we have, and water!" And she was like, "No, you need to buy wine. It's David." Haha, ok, spoken like a true Canadian. So, rather than insult him by buying some random French wine, I opted for the Italian choice, courtesy of John. It was that or Australian..and I figured in keeping with the Italian cuisine, it was only appropriate. Tomorrow, Andrea, John, and I are going out for drinks after work. Now that should be interesting. I am a lightweight, and Andrea turns red when she drinks, and I don't know about John, except that he would be a funny drunk. I think 2 is my absolute limit for alcoholic beverages, otherwise I think finding my way home may become a bit more difficult than usual. Especially if I don't know where this bar is! I might be taking the metro (GASP! Not the metro!). Anywhos, the French play I went to was really good! I laughed a lot and then leaned over and said, "What did they just say?" The actors talked very fast. But it was very entertaining! The end.

No comments: