Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 23/24

Thursday, July 5, and Friday July 6, 2007, Day 23 & Day 24: I know, I know. I didn't blog yesterday. I got home after 10:30pm last night! Thursday: Work was good...it was busy with finishing up the mailing stuff and what not. For lunch, I ate in the cafeteria downstairs, and Andrea joined me. Then Andrea, Rosalind, and I went to the bank, and to a random store so that Andrea could try on some dresses for a wedding she was going to. It was pretty fun, and nice to get out of the office for a while. Actually, it is so empty here now, and will be for the next 2 weeks, because a bunch of staff in our wing left for a conference in Geneva. Mostly it's just me, John, Rosalind, Andrea, Nairra, and Maria, and the people in accounting (on our side). After work, Andrea and I went to her bank, and then we took the bus to my usual stop near home. We were going to Schwartz's--this really good restaurant where they have smoked meat, a Montreal specialty. It was so great! Schwartz's is only about 2 blocks from my apartment, but the line is always really long, out the door, so you know they must be doing something right! Andrea and I got in line, and then John and his girlfriend Cara met up with us. Cara is adorable, and her and John make a very good couple! Andrea and I split a smoked meat sandwich (you can get it lean, medium or fatty---we got medium), a pickle, fries, and we each had black cherry sodas. Mmm! Rosalind did not join us, but said she would meet us for tea and dessert. So after we had finished, we went outside Schwartz's and took a few pictures. Then Rosalind came, and we walked to this great cafe called Moi, Toi, et Cafe (Me, you and coffee). They had really good teas and desserts! I got a piece of chocolate layered cake, and a milk (of course, moo moo). Rosalind got this amazing fruit tea in this crazy little contraption that squeezes out the juices. It was so cool! John got a Long Island Iced Tea, and it was terribly alcoholic (I am a mooch--I tried everyone's stuff, hahaha). We stayed until late, and then walked Cara and John to the metro. After that, Andrea and Rosalind walked me home, but we took the roundabout way with a nice city tour. I didn't get home until late, and then I brushed my teeth and plopped into bed. 7am came way too soon for me! I am glad it is the weekend though! Friday: Today was good..I was busy at work all day, and then I grabbed a sandwich for lunch with Rosalind. Some random Montreal things I thought to mention: Before a stoplight turns red, when it is on green, it will start to blink. But yet there are still yellow lights also. Someone explain this madness to me! And, I discovered that the word for dinner, le diner, in French, is actually what my friend David calls "old French," and actually means lunch. I guess they call dinner here "le souper." Crazy, eh? Haha. And have you heard of the word, "seedy?" I guess it means like sketchy or trashy. I love Montreal-isms. I know there are more...I need to keep thinking of what they are. As for the weekend, no big plans...i will probably do some exploring of the city and just relax. That's all for now! Talk to you on Sunday night. :)

No comments: