Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Day 22
Wednesday, July 4, 2007, Day 22: Happy 4th of July, everyone! They don't celebrate it here in Canada. I guess I have never really missed it before this year. Last year, this time, I saw the fireworks at camp with a bunch of good friends. I am going to miss camp soooo incredibly much this year! It is my home away from home, and I haven't missed camp in 11 years! It's definitely going to be weird. I hate being grown-up sometimes! My co-worker, John, made me an American flag and a plane out of pens, paper clips, and post-it notes. That was so awesome! And he told me 2 lame American jokes, but they made me laugh all the same. It made my day. I went to lunch with Andrea and Rosalind and got some Thai food. It was yummy! I am trying lots of new foods here! YAY! Today was such a busy day at work. I was making labels, putting them on envelopes, personalizing letters, and just getting ready to do a mailing. I never imagined how many things can possibly go wrong! I had printer problems like crazy, and it was like one thing after another. I thought stuff like this was only supposed to happen in cartoons! I finished the majority of the work today though. Boy, am I learning lots! Mom, now I can do all your mailings for you, haha! I wasn't feeling too good today. I think it was partially stress-related, but I just had the worst stomach ache. I was supposed to go out with my friend David after work, but I ended up cancelling. I stayed a little later at work than usual anyways, so it worked out okay. I am feeling much better now, but I am just going to take it easy tonight. After work, I stood out in the rain for like 10 mins before my bus came. I was approached by this sketchy looking guy about my height and he was asking me for $5. I was thinking, holy crap that is so much money here. I did the good thing (I think) and dug out some change to give to him...I think I gave him like $3, and I was like, "What are you gonna spend it on?" He was like, "Cigarettes." I gave him the most disgusted look. I guess it doesn't matter what he spent it on, but I would have at least hoped it was food or something. Then he was like, "Thanks, baby." and walked away. I was kind of in shock to be honest. It all happened so quickly...I am glad he didn't try to like rob me or anything. Sometimes I am so gullable, it's ridiculous. I need to be more aware, I guess. Anyways, that's all for me today...OH! I have a funny story to tell you. Last night, at like midnight (I am not sure of the time because I was half asleep) I got up to use the "washroom," as they call it here, and I saw my roommate Robin pushing the biggest box I have ever seen in my life down the hall. It was filled to the brim with recyclables. I busted out laughing because it's the only thing that could ever hold all of our recyclables! We always forget when the guys are coming to get them. So we hauled it down the stairs together, and all the while I kept laughing and had to stop and set the box down before I dropped it. Here I was, in my PJs, half-awake, carrying this gi-normous box down the stairs and outside. I took a picture of Robin with the box. I am just glad the bottom didn't drop out! Then she left the flaps open so the guys could take it. When I came home from work, the box was soaked, and the bottom had dropped out, apparently. There were recyclables all over the place. My landlord came knocking on the door to yell at us. I told her we would pick it up eventually....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment