Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 1

Sunday, June 10, 2007, Day 1: So, today is finally the day I moved to Montreal!! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. I just spent the last weekend in Chicago with all my wonderful hemo homies, and the past 2 weeks with the amazing boyfriend of mine--Mr. Richard Alan Pezzillo, Jr.!!! It has been a great summer so far. I was super excited when sitting in O'Hare I heard some people speaking French at my departing gate. I didn't say anything, I just listened in on their convo, haha. So I arrived in Montreal at 4pm EST. I stepped off the plane and everywhere I looked the signs in the airport were in French. Exit is Sortie...it is sooo fun to say, lol. This one dude behind me in customs was like, "You're not from here, are you?" and I shook my head and was like, "How'd ya know?"I got through customs just fine otherwise...but boy, was I nervous!!! I had to say I was just visiting friends over summer, and not that I was doing an internship because they would have asked too many questions. All went well, and I had no problems. One of my roommates picked me up from the airport, which was really nice. Her name is Britta (she has a dog named Hutchison, or "Hutch", and he is adorable!) and she is a lot of fun. My other roommate is Robin, and she is really great too. They both just graduated, and Britta is moving out in 2 weeks, back home to Vancouver to job hunt. Robin is staying until the end of July, and then leaving after taking the MCAT. So, Britta and I get to the apartment, and it looks really sketchy from outside...I mean, graffiti and everything.


Not to mention a thong just laying near the steps...eeew! Once inside, we hauled my heavy suitcases up like 30 stairs. The apartment itself is really nice (inside). My room is pretty big, and it has a HUGE window that takes up like the entire side of one wall!! It has a bed, dresser, desk, 2 lamps, and a plant! And a hookah that I will never use, but it makes a good jewelry holder! I didn't bring much stuff..I may need to shop for some new clothes. My room is pretty empty but I have some pics around the room in frames to make it more home-y. There is a big kitchen, living room, storage room, and a small-ish bathroom. The toilet runs 24/7 and it is getting fixed tomorrow, but it sounds like a waterfall in our house! It is both soothing and makes me want to pee, haha!!! I set up my room and unpacked and all that good stuff, and I am glad to be online!! I miss everyone so much already. It is so crazy not using a cell phone all the time. Maybe I will enjoy the things around me more instead of yapping all the time!! Then, I reserved a taxi for work in the morning, and the dude I called answered in French. I froze, and ended up stammering in English that I needed a cab for 7:30. I actually had no clue what time I had to be to the office, so I figured better safe than sorry, right? I was so worried the cab wouldn't show because I have heard that the people in Montreal can be quite rude to English-speakers. Finally, I went to bed at 10:30, thinking it was 9:30 because my computer was on central time. I was so incredibly tired, I just slept all night long!!

No comments: