Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 11

Wednesday, June 20, 2007, Day 11: Today was AWESOME! I woke up, showered, and then headed to work. I got there and then my team for the scavenger hunt around Montreal collaborated. There were 4 of us...Johanne, Sabrina, Assad, and myself. Sabrina was the competitive one in our group. We came up with the team name of the Ninjas. Only because we couldn't think of anything better, lol. The hunt began at like 10am...and we went all over the city! The rules were that we had to have at least 2 people in every picture, and our prop, which was a brown teddy bear. Most things were worth 5 points, but there were some tougher things to find worth 10 points. Some of the things we did and took pictures of include shaking hands with a firefighter and a construction worker, standing in front of a bridal shop posing like models, a Greek restaurant posing like statues, city hall, the church where Celine Dion got married, A U.S. license plate, a phone booth, a park bench, a picnic table, a water fountain, on a motorcycle, with a horse and carriage, a group of tourists, reading a menu in Little Italy, a sign in neither French nor English, sampling bagels and putin (gravy and fries...yuck!), and sooo many more. We did really good! And we had a lot of fun. We all had to rendezvous at 12:30pm, and we made it just on time! We were the 2nd team to arrive--the first team got 10 points bonus for arriving first. Then we spent the day at a country club type place with a pool, tennis courts, and good food and company! We had drink tickets, but I opted for the non-alcoholic beverages...a shirley temple, and 2 Miami Vices (strawberry daquiri and pina colada...I highly recommend it!!!). It was so funny because everyone kept telling me and Andrea everytime they saw us we had a drink in our hand! Andrea did have some alcohol, and after her first drink, her skin turned red!! She said it was an Asian thing. Crazy! I told her not to worry...I am gone after like 2 drinks because of my insanely low tolerance! Then, we ate lunch by the pool. There were burgers, snacks, shishkebabs, and watermelon....mmmm! Then me, Andrea, and Nairra walked around a bit. We wanted to hike in the woods, but there was no trail, so we walked around the neighborhood. The houses were incredibly big and beautiful! It was a nice walk. Afterwards, we came back and had cake for dessert (It was Lucianne's birthday today, and Andrea's tomorrow). Andrea and I both got 2 pieces of cake. That's right, we were the fatties, haha. Then we sat around and chatted some more. At 4:30pm, the rides departed. My ride, Robert, dropped my right off at my apartment! That was so great. I don't mind taking the bus at all, but it's nice to have a break from it every now and then. Tomorrow at lunch we will find out who the winners are of the scavenger hunt...so stay tuned! It's almost the weekend..happy "hump" day!

No comments: