Friday, June 22, 2007
Day 13
Friday, June 22, 2007, Day 13: Hey dudes! Today was a good day. Work was good, and for lunch Rosalind, Andrea, and I met up with Eduardo. We all went to a Chinese restaurant, and I got beef and broccoli. Mmmm! It was a good time. We sure are going to miss Eduardo..he cannot be replaced! We hired a new guy named John. I haven't met him yet...but he starts next Tuesday. Then, while we were eating at the restaurant, it started pouring rain out of nowhere, so we sat and talked until the rain let up. Then Rosalind said she had to go to Winner's and she asked if we would mind. Hmmm, skip work to go shopping? I didn't have to think about that one! Let's just say I did a little happy dance. We said goodbye to Eduardo, and promised we would get together again before I left back home. Once at Winner's, we spent a lot of time in the shoe aisle, but I didn't actually buy anything today. I have a very serious problem. My brother likes to refer to it as "big balookas." Translation: I have big feet. I am tall, and there's just no getting around it, I guess. So naturally all the cute shoes I found were too small for me. Sad! It's okay though, I saved money, haha. I left a winner, not having spent any money! WOOHOO! We left for lunch at 1:00 and came back at 4:00pm. I stayed until almost 6pm to finish up some last minute stuff, then headed home. I decided to return the 3 tank tops I bought yesterday, and so I walked to the store only to find out they don't do exchanges. But the same guy, Devin, let me switch the tanks for 3 other ones. They aren't supposed to do that, technically, but one of the tanks was ripped. Then I got a pita for dinner from the yummy pita place nearby. I went home to eat it, said hello to the roomies, and then headed out to get dessert...ice cream! I got a hot fudge sundae right down the block and around the corner from where I live. I have everything in walking distance, it is sooo nice! I love living in the Plateau. Tomorrow I am going shopping at the Jean Talon market to get lots of yummy, fresh, cheap food. And David returns! I can't wait. It is going to be a great weekend...I know it!! Whew, I am pooped! Bed time for me!! Talk to you all on Sunday night! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your blog, Shelly! Have fun this weekend!!
Post a Comment