Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Day 17
Tuesday, June 26, 2007, Day 17: Uggghhh....today was not so good. I woke up this morning early again. I am not sleeping well and it is bothering me a bit. I think I may be just stressed. At least I am eating well, or trying to. I finally got my first paycheck, which was a relief, but the money situation has been a nightmare like you wouldn't believe. Today I went to 3 different ATMs to try to take cash out, without success. I guess I will have to try a bigger bank downtown tomorrow during lunch. Work was good...today was John's first day. He is actually pretty cool. He is very nice, and he has a funny laugh. Rosalind, Andrea, John, and I went out to eat at a cafeteria (Andrea and I brought our lunches). We chatted and laughed for a while, and it was a good time. This is really funny though--so coming into the cafeteria there was a little bit of an uneven step, and Andrea and I were walking side by side and we both tripped at the exact same time. It was sooo funny, I kept on laughing for like 10 mins! Rosalind was laughing at the fact that we tripped too, but we also looked a bit like twins with black shirts, dark jeans, and flip flops. I think Andrea and I were separated at birth. We are so much alike, it's crazy! We always have fun though, and I am glad to be working with such great people. Then, there was another classic moment today when John, who now sits next to me where Eduardo used to sit, heard his phone ringing. He peered around the dividing wall between our desks and said, "I think my phone is ringing. What do I do?" I was like, "You pick it up and say hello!" I had a fit of giggles for the next few minutes. Then, John had to record his voicemail message. I executed this task perfectly on the first try, but I had rehearsed it several times in my head beforehand. John started to record his message, but then started giggling halfway through, which caused me to start laughing. He had to then re-record it, and I was trying so hard not to laugh. I put my head down on my desk so he couldn't hear me giggling. After he had finished recording, he popped his head over the wall and asked me how it was. "Very good!" I said. I like him already. Later, he said to me, "So you are going to Rhode Island for the weekend?" I was so surprised that he knew this I sat there for a moment. I think my mouth dropped open before I was like, "How did you know?" He knocked on the little divider between our desk and said, "These walls aren't exactly soundproof." I think I blushed at this point, and I laughed. My ears were definitely burning. Duh, Shelly, haha! I had been talking about my trip earlier on the phone with my mom. I think I need to work on lowering the volume of my voice when on the phone. A co-worker across the room had also asked me something about one of my phone conversations today. I feel bad, I get so excited to talk to people on the phone, since I cannot use my cell phone to call anyone. I think after this weekend I am going to turn it off. I am not really using it to talk to anyone other than Rich. My roaming rate is what scares me. Attention loved ones, download Skype, buy a microphone, and then I can talk to you online! It's really hot here today. I walked around St. Laurent when I was looking for an ATM, and I thought I was either going to puke or pass out or both. I'm glad I did neither! I definitely was not drinking enough water today. It's easy to forget when you are sitting in an air-conditioned office all day. I am sooo excited though...tomorrow is our lunch with the Droneys! I cannot wait to meet them! They seem like a lot of fun. Say what you want, but I love hanging with kids. I think it's the camp counselor in me! I love spending time with my little sister (she's not so little anymore..she is almost 15, but you know what I mean) and niece, who's 10. Kids just rock my world! I think I am still just a kid at heart. The world can do a lot to you, with people always telling you to grow up, be an adult, and act mature, but I think if you lose that, it's like you lose a piece of your spirit. I mean, everyone was a kid once. And sure we have to pay bills and do grown-up things, but we never have to stop laughing or dreaming or having fun. I am gonna be one of those grannies who dyes her hair blue and drives around in a top down convertible. Yep. Granted, I won't go skydiving at 80 or anything, but I will still drink my kiddie cocktails, wear sparkly eyeshadows, and do the infamous "new clothes" dance. And I will never ever give up eating chocolate...even if all my teeth are rotted out of my skull by then (I hope not though! I brush religiously! And I drink my milk daily!) Who knows, maybe I will blogging about what it's like to have a wrinkly @$$. Lol, just kidding. I promise I will spare you that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment