Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Day 10
Tuesday, June 19, 2007, Day 10: Hola! I mean, Bonjour. For a minute there I forgot I am not in the Mexican ghetto! But I am in the French one, haha. Today was pretty cool! I got up, showered, decided it was another heels day, and went on my merry way. I have blisters from wearing heels 2 days in a row. Well, actually, 3. I have decided they aren't worth the hassle of trying to fit in in Montreal, haha. Plus my feet and shoes get so dirty from walking. Plus I am a big klutz. Not a good combination! Especially in a moving vehicle, such as the city bus! Tomorrow will be a fun day--it is our work picnic, and we are on teams to do a giant scavenger hunt around the city, followed by a picnic in the park. I am excited! It will be nice to take a break from the office. I can't complain though..for many reasons. I have off the next 2 Mondays for Canadian holidays. Woo hoo! Plus, I love my job. So there. It was a busy day with lots of emails to write, phone calls to make, and the usual assortment of things to work on. Good stuff. I did a late lunch with Andrea. We walked 2 blocks to this nice little picnic area and ate our lunches there. It was beautiful outside, and we sat and chatted for quite a while. Earlier in the day we got to go on an errand to buy stickers at the dollar store. At the end of August, our head boss, Miklos, is having a birthday party at his cottage, and so the stickers were for the invitations. WFH is very details oriented, if you hadn't picked up on that. "It's a good thing!" as Rosalind always says. Andrea is really cool, though. She's 22, and she started out as a summer intern for WFH, and now she is a full-time employee of them. She is hilarious. She and I have the biggest appetites of everyone, and we both love food and can eat it allllll day long. We actually have started a food trading business right in the office. I give Andrea 2 maple cookies for her 4 grapes...it's a good deal. Tomorrow I am bringing in Cheez-its. And she is bringing in something healthy. So..I had this rather large box of maple cookies, and somehow when I went to open it this morning they were half gone. Now, I don't recall eating THAT many yesterday, so that is a little strange...but maybe I did, I don't know. The only people I shared them with were Rosalind and Andrea. They were amazing though! I definitely will need to buy some more. I don't think I mentioned it, but the coins here have great names. A $1 coin is called a "looney" because I guess it has a loon on it. And the $2 coin is called a "tooney." Very funny! It's always weird getting back a handful of coins after handing a cashier a $20. I like stare at my hand and count the coins and try to act like I am not trying to figure out if I just got ripped off or not, which, believe me, is no easy feat, by any means! I don't have a very good poker face, so I have been told. True as that may be, the first time I ever played poker I kicked butt! That was also the last time I played, too. Not a big fan, in general though. It is what it is, I guess. The next 2 weeks are pretty busy with lots of stuff. Let's see...Friday we are going out to lunch with Eduardo (and by we, I mean Rosalind, Andrea, and myself---and not me and my schizophrenic self), then Saturday I am going out to lunch with my French professor (YAY!) and David comes back from France (YAY!) and then Monday I am off, and Friday I am off, because I am going to visit Rich in Rhode Island for his birthday (YAAAAAY!) Whew! And then another Monday off! That is awesome!! All right, I am going to go do something productive, I think. Or try to, haha! A bientot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment