Friday, June 15, 2007
Day 6
Friday, June 6, 2007, Day 6: Ahhhh....you know I think this place is really start to grow on me! It is quite beautiful here. As one of my favorite people in the world described Montreal, Dave said, "If Paris and Chicago had a baby, it would be Montreal." I couldn't agree more! Today, work was really busy. I made lots of phone calls to people I didn't know (that's always interesting because I talk to people from all over the world with all different accents!) and worked on tons of different things. Rosalind, Eduardo, and I went to a cafe called Second Cup, which I am told is Montreal's version of Starbucks. I got a chocolate croissant, one of my favorite breakfast-y things in the whole world! The first time I ever tried them was in Vancouver last year. Mmmmm! And then I felt bad because I really wanted milk, and so I got a cup and slyly went over to where the coffee additions were and filled the cup up halfway. It's not like they just sell milk here like they do in the states! Osteoporosis, you won't get me yet!!! It's so funny how some days I struggle to keep busy at work, and others I don't even have time to breathe! I guess that's the life! I like keeping busy though, because the day goes fast. Today was Eduardo's last day, so that was sad. He is going to meet up with me, Rosalind, and Andrea next week for lunch. Today was his 22nd birthday, so after work, me and Rosalind went out with him to get some cake. I had a huge piece of carrot cake, and I ate it all, all the while Rosalind was shaking her head and laughing at me for being so skinny. Hey, I can't help it I have a high metabolism! Funny story: (ok, don't tell Rosalind I put this on here, she told me not to, but it's too funny to leave out!!) So, we were walking along St. Catherine, and Rosalind suddenly stopped and pointed to this sign above our heads and said, "Hey, can we just stop in here really quick?" I just stood there for a moment, horrified that she was pointing at what I thought I saw...a huge red neon sign that said XXX on it..."You want to see the peep show?" I asked. She busted out laughing. Apparently there was a sign behind the XXX-- one that was a soap shop. Umm, I felt pretty dumb, but the three of us got a good laugh out of it. So we stopped in the soap shop and I walked around. They have these things called bath bombs that are these large powdery ball thingys that you put in the bath with you to make the water smell good. They were like $10 a pop. No way, Jose. I will stick to my cheap soap, lol. I have rent to pay! Then, I was on a mission. Me, Rosalind, and Eduardo were on the hunt for a microphone headset for the computer so that I can talk to people on Skype for free. The first store we went to didn't have one, so then we went to a mall and stopped in the French version of Radio Shack and I bought one for $40.00. They had cheaper ones, of course, but I wanted to get a good one. Mom, you will thank me later, when I won't need to use my cell phone at all here! Oh yeah, and Mom, I am pretty sure your French Canadian shows through a lot more than you realize...everyone here says, "eh?" in like every other sentence, there are "viaducs" here, and they say "expressways" too! Craziness! Then, we stopped in a department store called Winner's, and let me tell you, I left the store a winner! It's no wonder it is so named! We went directly to the sale racks and I found this really cute top for cheap, and Rosalind picked me out this adorable green dress. I was so excited! It's the little things in life, I guess. Eduardo bought some baking pans for bread. Good deal! Not to mention there is a HUGE sidewalk sale this weekend along St. Laurent, which is 2 streets down from me. I live in what is called the Plateau, and I am told it is THE place to be in summer. St. Laurent is packed with all kinds of little stores and restaurants. It is so cool! I can't wait to explore tomorrow! Then, Rosalind and I said goodbye and happy birthday to Eduardo, and we walked back to my apartment, and she came in and I gave her the grand tour. Then we sat and chatted for a good 2 hours about all kinds of things. I showed her a ton of pics on my computer, and it was so fun. She is amazing. We are going to go to church together on Sunday, so that will be cool! I can't wait to check out the parish--St. Patrick's. After Rosalind left, I cleaned my room and the bathroom, to surprise my roommates. I'm sure they don't care about my room, but the bathroom was pretty gross. I am quite sure there was puke in the cabinet that was never cleaned up...eeew! And the lint filter of the dryer had NEVER been cleaned out! The lint was like 2 inches thick! That is definitely a fire hazard. Good thing I can read French, and find the emergency exit! LOL. Well, that's it for today. I am sleeping in tomorrow, going for breakfast in the Plateau, and then shopping the sales! WOOHOO! Good night, all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment