Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 4

Wednesday, June 13, 2007, Day 4: First and foremost I am taking a bow...for not missing the bus stop today!! YAY!!! I was so proud of myself. My boss, Rosalind, was not in the office today, so I ran out of things to do relatively early in the day. It was ok though, because even though I did office duties I learned a lot. I set up my voicemail and played around with my phone. Also, I learned how to print labels, which I have never known how to do before. I also got to translate some things into French! That was really cool. It was only like a registration form, but I was glad I got to use my francophone skills!! At work, the receptionist asked me if I like sports. I was laughing hysterically on the inside but I managed to keep a straight face and reply, "Well...um, some sports." I wasn't sure what she was getting at, exactly. "Well, you just have an athletic build, with the broad shoulders...it's a compliment!" I was just like, "Oh...thanks." What do you say to that, honestly? I have been told before I have a swimmer's physique. Too bad I am a terrible swimmer! Those of you who remember when I got stuck in a canoe in the middle of the lake a few summers ago at camp and had to be pulled back to shore, canoe and all, by all of the waterfront staff, know me better!! haha! I ordered lunch in the caf. in French today also. Ham sandwich and cream of mushroom soup. Anyways, I am not really a picky eater, I will eat most anything, but I am even less picky now because I never really know what time I will be eating and all that sort of thing. I haven't been grocery shopping yet, so I am eating out most lunches and dinners. After work, I took a nice long walk (I had a very important errand to run) and just observed Montreal...the people, the buildings, the life. It was really beautiful. Everything is so different here in so many ways, but yet so much the same in other ways. I stopped at a pita place on my way back and I told this guy I was new here (in French), and he welcomed me and was so nice! It was great. I haven't taken any pictures yet! I need to get on that. This weekend I will have more time to do things like sightseeing. I have been really using my iPod a lot. Anything from Jimi Hendrix to the Spice Girls. I like a lot of music though, so that's not saying much! Well, I think that's about all for now...it's almost my bedtime! Peace out homies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoops... don't know what happened to that post, lol. Anyways, I think it's really cool you have a phone! Is your outgoing message in French?