Monday, June 18, 2007
Day 9
Monday, June 18, 2006, Day 9: Today was a pretty good day. I did the usual wake-up, shower, eat some breakfast (half a chocolate croissant, and the other half I took to work to finish). It was the first time I got to make my lunch and bring it to work, so I packed a lot of junk...a sandwich, an apple, chocolate pudding, and maple cookies. Too much sugar! haha. Rosalind keeps telling me she is gong to fire me for eating so much and not gaining any of the weight. One thing about Montreal I have learned...people really want to be seen looking their best...all the time. Even on the weekends, girls are in heels, with their hair and make-up all done, sporting only the latest summer styles. It's kinda crazy! I don't know about everyone else, but I am dressing down on the weekends...jeans, a tee-shirt, and flip flops. I brought some heels with me to Montreal, and I actually wore them today! I didn't feel any more like I fit in, but I definitely gained some inches. I think I stayed warmer because my head was closer to the sun, haha. I felt like getting to and from the bus stop took twice as long though. Work was good..it was long because I didn't leave to get lunch or walk around outside. I ate lunch at my desk, and just did work. I am not feeling the greatest, because my eating schedule is a bit off. I mean, I am eating like all the time it seems, but I am still hungry. Oh yeah! Yesterday, I went to Little Italy to an Italian restaurant with my roomies, Britta and Robin. It was pretty fun. We laughed a lot because I was telling them all sorts of funny stories. You know, the usual. I ordered spaghetti, and only ate about half, so i took the rest home for tonight's dinner. Yay for leftovers! Then, we went grocery shopping. I didn't even know what to buy! I bought sandwich things, like lettuce, cheese, meat, bread, and then I bought snacks. But I definitely did not buy anything you have to cook. I am not ready for that yet! I need time to think about what I might like to make and what ingredients that might require. I found out my friend, David, comes back to Montreal on Saturday...yay! I am excited for that. And my French professor is attending a conference this week, so I hope I get to see her for a little while too! It's always nice to see familiar faces! Hmm...and then I got some time off work for the upcoming Arizona Hemophilia Foundation's annual meeting. Rosalind looked at flights with me, and she is going to let me have off Thurs-Tues! I was so excited. I will also be scheduling a visit to the Canadian Hemophilia Society's office, which is a few blocks from where I work. That should be pretty sweet too. Other than that, not too much exciting things happening around here. I have a conference chat at 8pm, so that should be cool. That's all for today, folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mmmmmm....maple cookies
Post a Comment