Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 12

Thursday, June 21, 2007, Day 12: Today was another good day. Well, what day isn't good? Life is what you make it! Today was Andrea's birthday. Being low on cash, I didn't get her a card, but I know she likes Victoria's Secret, and I had brought from home a new eyeshadow from there, because I like to try to keep a stash of emergency gifts. So, I gave her that, and she seemed quite happy! We ended up going out for cake after work, but here is the kicker...we were waiting for Rosalind to leave before us, because she was going to the gym. We didn't want to tell her we were getting cake, because let's face it, we are a pretty bad influence on her. I mean, the woman is trying to be healthy and in shape, and here is me and Andrea having a third helping of cake, haha. So we waited until she said she was leaving (which is never true, because she stops and talks to people on the way out and it takes her an extra half hour to leave work), so Andrea and I, not taking this into consideration, got all excited. I was about to phone Andrea when she popped over to my desk and was like, "Are you ready?" I was like, "Yeah, let's go get some cake!" So we got our purses and headed out the door...and there, standing in the elevator with the doors open, was Rosalind. I looked at Andrea and was like, "Oh, crap!" She smiled and we got on the elevator with Rosalind. "Where are you two headed?" she asked. "Oh, for a snack," I said. "Yeah," Andrea chimed in, "We didn't eat lunch!" That part was true. Our lunch time was spent determining the winners of the scavenger hunt. My team came in last place...but oh well. It was still a blast! So we started walking Rosalind to Winner's, where she was gonna do some shopping, and suddenly Andrea stops in front of this restaurant. Andrea blurts out, "Should we get cake here?" And Rosalind's jaw just dropped open and she was like, "You guys are getting CAKE?" I tried so hard not to laugh. I think I am going to have nightmares of Rosalind saying that! This morning, I was sitting at my desk, and Rosalind walks up to me, very seriously, and says, "We have a very important issue to talk about." I got nervous, and I was like, "Ok, what is it?" "Well, there are certain people in this office who can't seem to eat healthily, and that has to change. So this weekend I am going to the Jean Talon market and buying lots of fruit so that said people will have no choice but to eat healthy foods. All junk food is now banned and must be locked up or hidden." I busted out laughing. "I thought you said this was SERIOUS," I teased. Apparently, Rosalind had snuck into Andrea's desk and consumed what remained of her chocolate bar, and was then forced to buy her another one. What a lady...I love her. The three of us are going to go to the market this weekend, and I am so excited! I hear the food is very fresh and very cheap also. I'm down! Let's see...then after work, I went to PharmaPrix to do some shopping for some things, and then I walked up and down St. Laurent street, popping into random stores to browse. Everything is so expensive here! I found an everything-is-$10 store though, and I met a really nice guy there. He gave me 4 things for $30, which was great. This guy was from Vancouver and is doing school here for fashion. (Pretty sure he's gay...but I am not going to stereotype or anything...lol) We chatted for a bit and I told him about my internship. He actually knew where my office was! I was impressed. I realized being out and about today that I need to get out more. Since being here I have been relatively unsocial, and do not know much of my area. I want to know where things are, and I want to expand my horizons, so I need to come out of my shell (no pun intended..get it, shell? Shelly? Ok, it's late and I am done with my cheezy jokes...) Today I also hung up pictures and cards around my room to make it feel more like home. I am finally definitely feeling settled in! :)

No comments: